Litigation & Dispute Resolution
We adopt a flexible approach to dispute resolution and litigation. We work with our clients to achieve the best possible outcomes, seeking solutions through negotiation, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution processes.
We handle a wide range of disputes, including:
- business disputes
- complex commercial litigation
- corporate and regulatory litigation
- debt recovery (QCAT)
- mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- property disputes, including fences, trees and buildings
- leasing disputes
- wills and estate litigation
Debtors are an unfortunate part of running a business. You can end up spending a significant amount of time trying to recover the debt yourself, when that time could have been better spent making money! It often makes sense to hire a debt collection lawyer or a debt collection agency. So, which should you use?
- It is important to understand that debt collection agencies often charge on a commission basis and this can work on a sliding scale depending on the amount of debt. This can end up being a signficant cost if the debt is recovered.
- While debt collectors can use a variety of techniques to contact the debtor, including letters, emails and phone calls, often correspondence coming from a lawyer can carry more weight than a debt collection agency.
- A lawyer also has more options available for debt recovery, including commencing legal action if the payment is not made.
We will explain your options and advise you on the best course of action to assist in recovering your debts.
In the case of small claims through the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT), we can assist you in being your own advocate, providing tips on how to prepare and present your argument to increase your chances of a favourable result.